MISSION AND PURPOSE STATEMENT
Midwest University exists to provide men and women with a biblically-based higher education designed to prepare them for success in their careers in ministry and secular service by enhancing their spiritual, social, and intellectual gifts and abilities.
Students completing their education at Midwest University will
- investigate five areas of general knowledge: communication, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and philosophy with an emphasis on an understanding of how one’s values translate into a worldview as well as the ability to build leadership skills.
- engage with university personnel who exhibit integrity in relationships and model a culture that seeks excellence in all that it pursues.
- pursue an understanding of God and His will for their lives.
- structure their understanding of a profession and formulate strategies for developing an occupation that reflects best practices in the profession.
- encounter a wholistic education appropriate to the enrolled students that develops each student spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
- experience effective teaching from faculty who are qualified academically and experientially to teach in their assigned field and at the assigned education levels, who possess the spiritual and ministerial formation to mentor students toward their desired ministry area, and who are involved appropriately in faculty governance at the institution.
- have access to learning resources on campus and online to support their education.
Midwest University acknowledges that all people—regardless of gender, age, or ethnic background—have been given abilities by God and need guidance through education to develop those gifts. Because of this need, Midwest University strives to develop quality educational programs providing systematic and comprehensive academic training from a Christocentric perspective in a curriculum taught by qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculty.
STATEMENT OF ETHICAL BELIEFS
As a distinctly Christian institution of higher education, Midwest University strongly adheres to the principles of:
- promotion of the highest academic standards of teaching and learning
- respect for the rights of all persons, including the larger global community
- commitment to justice, mercy, and caring service
- promotion of a true Christian lifestyle
BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS STATEMENT
The Bible in its entirety is the inspired Word of God, infallible, sufficient, and authoritative for faith and practice.
There is one God, eternally self-existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
God, through the Word, created the heavens and the earth, and all that is in them for His own good purpose.
Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is God who came in the flesh; His death provides substitutionary atonement for our sins; He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to the right hand of God the Father where He intercedes for the believers.
The Holy Spirit indwells believers to enable them to live godly lives and empowers the Church to carry out Christ's Great Commission.
The human race was created in the image of God, fell after being tempted by Satan, and because of sinfulness, is inherently in need of salvation found exclusively in Jesus Christ through faith by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The one holy Christian Church, the body of Christ, includes all who have come to faith in Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ will return to earth in the Second Advent to judge the living and the dead, to consummate, and to fulfill His purpose in the works of creation and redemption with eternal rewards and punishment.