Home > > ESL > ESL Programs
English as a Second Language (ESL)
The mission of the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at Midwest University is to give students an opportunity to develop and improve their English proficiency. The multi-level offerings will attempt to enhance student abilities in relaxed, formal, cultural, and academic venues.
Upon completing this certificate program, students will be able to:
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills in English.
- Successfully adapt to American culture by applying knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with other students and faculty on increasingly sophisticated levels.
Students may achieve twelve (12) transcript notation credits each semester. These credits do not count toward the total number of credits needed to complete an academic program. They also not affect overall GPA.
- Application form for admission
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Two recent photographs (for student ID)
|ESL 101 Listening and Speaking|
|ESL 102 Reading|
|ESL 103 Writing|
|ESL 104 Grammar|
|ESL 201 Listening and Speaking|
|ESL 202 Reading|
|ESL 203 Writing|
|ESL 204 Grammar|
|ESL 301 Listening and Speaking|
|ESL 302 Reading|
|ESL 303 Writing|
|ESL 304 Grammar|
|ESL 001 Intensive Pronunciation Study|
|ESL 011 Introduction to American Culture|
|ESL 021 Current Events|
|ESL 031 TOEFL Preparation|
|ESL 041 English for Ministry|