MISSION AND PURPOSE STATEMENT
Midwest University exists to provide men and women with a biblically-based higher education designed to prepare them for success in their careers in ministry and in secular service by enhancing their spiritual, social and intellectual gifts and abilities.
- Define and develop their individual God-given gifts and skills and acquire principles leading to more effective careers and ministries.
- Exhibit a worldview based on an understanding of godly principles which are applicable to secular careers as well as ministry.
- Exhibit an understanding of contemporary global issues and their relationship to their worldview.
- Illustrate a keenly developed sense of commitment to serve honestly, compassionately, and ethically in their careers and in their social and spiritual lives.
- Communicate efficiently in verbal and written discourse.
- Define a philosophy of life and work that motivates them to excel in all areas of human interaction.
Midwest University acknowledges that all people-regardless of gender, age or ethnic background-have been given abilities by God and have need of guidance through education to develop those gifts. Because of this need, Midwest University strives to develop quality educational programs providing systematic and comprehensive academic training from a Christocentric perspective in a curriculum taught by qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty.
STATEMENT of ETHICAL BELIEFS
As a distinctly Christian institution of higher education, Midwest University strongly adheres to the principles of:
- promotion of highest academic standards of teaching and learning
- respect for the rights of all persons including the larger global community
- commitment to justice, mercy and caring service
- promotion of a true Christian lifestyle
BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS STATEMENT
The Bible in its entirety is the inspired Word of God, infallible, sufficient, and authoritative for faith and practice.
There is one God, eternally self-existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
God, through the Word, created the heavens and the earth, and all that is in them for His own good purpose.
Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is God who came in the flesh; His death provides substitutionary atonement for our sins; He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to the right hand of God the Father where He intercedes for the believers.
The Holy Spirit indwells believers to enable them to live godly lives and empowers the Church to carry out Christ's Great Commission.
The human race was created in the image of God, fell after being tempted by Satan, and because of sinfulness, is inherently in need of salvation found exclusively in Jesus Christ through faith by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The one holy Christian Church, the body of Christ, includes all who have come to faith in Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ will return to earth in the Second Advent to judge the living and the dead, to consummate, and to fulfill His purpose in the works of creation and redemption with eternal rewards and punishment.