MISSION AND PURPOSE STATEMENT
Midwest University exists to provide men and women with a biblically-based higher education designed to prepare them for success in their careers in ministry and in secular service by enhancing their spiritual, social and intellectual gifts and abilities.
- Define and develop their individual God-given gifts and skills and acquire principles leading to more effective careers and ministries.
- Exhibit a worldview based on an understanding of godly principles which are applicable to secular careers as well as ministry.
- Exhibit an understanding of contemporary global issues and their relationship to their worldview.
- Illustrate a keenly developed sense of commitment to serve honestly, compassionately, and ethically in their careers and in their social and spiritual lives.
- Communicate efficiently in verbal and written discourse.
- Define a philosophy of life and work that motivates them to excel in all areas of human interaction.
Midwest University acknowledges that all people-regardless of gender, age or ethnic background-have been given abilities by God and have need of guidance through education to develop those gifts. Because of this need, Midwest University strives to develop quality educational programs providing systematic and comprehensive academic training from a Christocentric perspective in a curriculum taught by qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty.
STATEMENT of ETHICAL BELIEFS
As a distinctly Christian institution of higher education, Midwest University strongly adheres to the principles of:
- promotion of highest academic standards of teaching and learning
- respect for the rights of all persons including the larger global community
- commitment to justice, mercy and caring service
- promotion of a true Christian lifestyle